I printed this little star for the tree my daughter got in her advent calendar. I didn’t expected to be be capable to print such a small part. But since I oiled my printer, printing has been really enhanced.
When I received my two NodeMCU boards, I rapidly tried to update the firmware … and broke the firmware of one of the board. So here is the correct way to flash a firmware on a NodeMCU board which allowed me to save it.
Image by Vowstar (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons.
Continue reading “Flashing NodeMCU using Ubuntu”
I recently got an old computer screen out of my garage. It is now just perfect to monitor the extruder temperature and print progress from OctoPrint.
Continue reading “OctoPrint control panel in Python curses”
My last project uses a Digispark (ATtiny85) as an USB keyboard to send the lock screen shortcut (Ctrl-Alt-L) when a single button is pressed. To bring some fun, I bundled the whole in an emergency stop push button.
Continue reading “Emergency Lock Button”
Arduino IDE is great, however, some times I enjoy a simple C program and a simple Makefile. Here is a simple application skeleton allowing to blink a LED of course.
Continue reading “Blinking a DigiSpark without Arduino IDE”
ADB stands for Android Debug Bridge and is a required for almost any hack on the phone. I noted here all the steps necessary to get it working on Ubuntu 14.10.
Continue reading “ZTE Open C – Getting ADB to work”
I had some hard time installing the BlackBerry Java SDK for (old) OS 7.1 (for Windows or Mac only) on Linux. Here are the main information necessary to setup a working environment in Eclipse (Kepler).
Continue reading “Develop for BlackBerry OS 7.1 on Linux”
Yesterday I was building and awesome princess plane in Duplo. However I was missing one 2×1 brick to finish the perfect model. Awesome, I 3D printed it.
Continue reading “The missing (Duplo) brick”
I challenged a friend to connect a micro-controller to a Raspberry Pi. I chose to use an ATMega168 programmed in C while he preferred to use a Microchip PIC programmed in ASM. Not that I don’t like ASM, but it took me only 45 minutes to get all the material together and blink some LEDs from a shell. To get thinks up very fast, I used a BugOne board. This is clearly an advantage for me since it is already assembled with an ISP connector and ready to use.
Continue reading “Connecting BugOne and Raspberry Pi”